I conducted a survey of 1000 breastfeeding women to find out their opinions about the clothing available to them both online and on the high street. This survey pointed out the following:
- That 95.54% of breastfeeding women feel that nursing clothing (excluding maternity wear) available on the high street is inadequate.
- That 76.76% of breastfeeding women feel that nursing clothing (excluding maternity wear) available online is inadequate.
- That 68.89% of breastfeeding women are not happy purchasing clothing which is primarily designed as maternity and secondarily as nursing wear – 27.06% are sometimes happy with this.
- Only 4.30% of breastfeeding women feel the prices of nursing specific clothing are reasonable.
- That 53.08% of breastfeeding women feel that having easy breast access is the most important feature, followed by ability to feed discreetly at 29.82%.
- 88.22% of breastfeeding women are happy to spend between £20-£70 on a good quality outfit, with the highest number happy to spend between £30-40 (28.29%).
- 56.57% of breastfeeding women are happy to spend between £0-£20 on a casual everyday breastfeeding friendly outfit
- That 81.12% are not happy with the selection of nursing bras available on the high street.
- That over half of those surveyed (55.71%) found that high streets tend not to stock their bra size.